THE COMPLETE PICTURE BOOK SUBMISSIONS SYSTEM
Everything You need to CATAPULT Your Submission
OUT of the Slush Pile
We know how terrifying it can be to submit your manuscript to an agent or editor. Our stories are like our children--we've birthed them, nurtured them, poured our hearts and souls into making them the best they can be, and it's scary to send them out into the world. Will they be accepted or rejected? Will anyone love them the way we do?
We also know how overwhelming all the rules and requirements of submitting can feel. Crafting a winning picture book submission seems almost impossible, especially when you feel the pressure of having just one chance to impress an agent or editor.
Not anymore! Our Complete Picture Book Submissions System walks you through every step of the submission process. From researching agents and editors to creating a captivating query; from formatting your manuscript correctly to evaluating an offer - and MORE - our System has you covered.
So let go of your anxiety, and lean on the experience and resources of not one, but two award-winning, published children's book authors... with a proven track record of providing valuable and trustworthy information to our fellow authors for years.
With The Complete Picture Book Submissions System you can submit with confidence... and land that agent - and book deal - at last!
Wishing you success,
Emma and Julie
Do Any of These Apply to You?
- You want your stories to be traditionally published (vs. self-publishing).
- You don't know how (or where) to start submitting.
- You're paralyzed by fear of your manuscript getting rejected.
- You don't know what a query letter is, let alone what goes into writing one.
- You're struggling to come up with a compelling hook for your story.
- You're not sure what to put in your bio, especially if you haven't been published yet.
- You have no idea how to format your manuscript or query letter correctly for submission.
- You don't know whether to submit to an agent or directly to a publisher.
- You've been submitting, but getting either no response or rejections.
- You wish you had a mentor to lead you through this whole process.
If YES, then The Complete Picture Book Submissions System is for YOU!
But Don't Take Our Word For It...
"I have been writing for around 14 years. I wasn't sure if (The System) would have information I didn't know. It has a LOT that's been useful to me - particularly the 50 query critiques."Dani Duck
Picture Book Author & Illustrator
"I knew the guidelines for submissions before I got (The System), but there's a difference between knowing how to SUBMIT and knowing how to make a submission the BEST it can be. For me, it's very helpful to see and hear (you can do both) a variety of queries, along with critiques that point out what works well, what doesn't, and suggestions that could help the queries shine out of the submission pile. The (System) includes much more than the critiques, and it's great to have quick access to everything."Sydney O'Neill
Picture Book Author
"I would recommend this course to everyone. The Complete System is amazingly detailed and helpful. Both Emma and Julie are inspirational as they break down the submission process to its bare essentials and show through examples and manageable sections how to create the best query for your picture book. Thank you both for such an excellent resource."
Click Here to read more testimonialsMaria Marshall
Picture Book Author
Here’s EXACTLY What You’ll Get Inside The Complete Picture Book Submissions System
- Getting started - All about agents and editors: how to research them, the advantages and disadvantages of new vs. established, and large vs. small, and how to decide which ones would be the best fit for your work.
- NEW! Two templates for tracking your own submissions.
- The 4 essential components of a query letter - Exactly what to say, and in what order, plus templates you can use to craft that all-important hook sentence!
- NEW! Two complete query letter templates.
- Video recordings of 50 real-life query critiques, featuring dozens of examples of what works - and what doesn’t. Includes the clean queries as well as the marked-up versions, plus transcripts of our video discussions.
- Comprehensive lists of query letter Do’s and Don’ts.
- PRECISE instructions on how to format your query letter and your manuscript for submission. Examples for email and snail mail, prose and rhyme, fiction and nonfiction, and illustration notes.
- How to submit sample illustrations if you are an author/illustrator… and what (if any) illustration notes to include in your text.
- NEW! Understanding Picture Book Layout - everything you need to know about the 32-page picture book layout and why it's important for submissions.
- Submission etiquette - What to include with your submission, and specific instructions for following up with agents and editors.
- NEWLY UPDATED! Exhaustive list of Frequently Asked Questions, GUARANTEED to answer your every question about submissions.
- Understanding and interpreting rejection letters - what you need to know to improve future submissions, maintain morale and KEEP SUBMITTING, plus how to handle editorial feedback.
- Guidelines for evaluating an offer - whether of representation from an agent or for a book deal. Includes detailed questions to ask, and specific suggestions for other communications and follow-up.
PLUS, 4 Incredible, Exclusive Bonuses!
- VIP BONUS #1 - How to KNOW When Your Picture Book is Submission-Ready. A recording of our one-hour webinar discussing this topic, plus the transcript and a cheat-sheet you can use to evaluate the readiness of every one of your own manuscripts.
- VIP BONUS #2 - List of Publishers That Accept UnAgented Submissions, NEWLY UPDATED November, 2016.
- VIP BONUS #3 - All About Author Platform! Recording and transcript of Emma’s video interview with author platform guru Jane Friedman, PLUS the video recording of our follow-up discussion, featuring MORE author platform tips and tools, along with that transcript.
- VIP BONUS #4 - What an Agent Looks for in Picture Book Submissions! Recording and transcript of a 12 x 12 video interview with agent Jill Corcoran, where she shares what makes a great submissions and which ones get thrown away instantly.
The Complete Picture Book Submissions System
*$297 as a one-time payment, or two easy payments of $175 each. (One payment today and one payment in January 2017.)
BUT You Have to Act FAST!
This offer is good for 1 week only! The System will close at 11:59 PST on Monday, November 21st.
We're not sure when we'll reopen to new members... so if you want The System in 2016 (including all those juicy bonuses), NOW is the time to act.
We'll answer EVERY question you have about picture book submissions...
OR YOUR MONEY BACK!
We're so confident that The Complete Picture Book Submission System is going to answer every question you have about the picture book submission process, that we're offering a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee!
You'll have plenty of time to try The System, and to see for yourself how your submissions will improve. But if you still have a question that we haven't answered, we'll add it - and our answer - to the FAQ's.
We want you to be 100% satisfied or we don't want your money. If it turns out The System is not for you, we'll give you back every penny - no hassles, and no questions asked.
More questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to guiding you through the picture book submission process, so you can craft winning submissions, send them to agents and editors with confidence, and land that agent or book deal you've been dreaming of!
To your success,
Emma and Julie