What’s In The System
Here is everything you get in The Complete Picture Book Submissions System:
Module 1 - Getting Started:
All about agents and editors. How to research them, the advantages and disadvantages of new vs. established and large vs. small agencies/publishers, and how to decide which would be the best fit for your work. Two templates for tracking submissions. NEW! How to find and use comp titles as submission tools. NEW! A hands-on tutorial demonstrating how to research comp titles.
Module 2 - Query Letter Components:
Module 3 - Query Critique Clinic:
Module 4 - Query Do's and Don'ts:
Module 5 - Manuscript Submission:
Module 6 - Understanding Feedback:
How to handle and learn from rejections and editorial feedback, improve future submissions, maintain morale, AND keep submitting. NEW! What to do if an agent requests more work.
Module 7 - Offers:
Evaluating offers of representation from an agent or an editor for a book deal. Includes detailed questions to ask, and specific suggestions for other communications and follow-up.
But Wait, there’s more… (no, not a set of Ginsu knives) Bonus content to ensure you have the support you need before you start submitting and after you have an agent or book contract, you’ll also receive the following exclusive bonuses:
How do I KNOW if my picture book is submission-ready? ($97 Value) – webinar recording, transcript, plus revision checklist.
List of Publishers that Accept Unsolicited or Submissions Without An Agent. Updated every six months.
All About Platform. Brand new course from Julie’s How To Make Money as a Writer series. ($127 Value) Provides an overview of what platform is, the covers blogging, video and visual marketing, social media, and in-person platform.
Insider Look at the Agent-Client Relationship. ($97 Value) An interview and discussion with Julie’s agent, Erzsi Deak of Hen & Ink Literary. Do’s and Don’ts Straight from the Agent’s Desk! Includes video, transcript, and audio files.
Pitch Party! ($250 Value) Exclusive opportunity for System members. Join Emma and Julie on May 23rd where we’ll provide live, real-time critiques of member pitches/hooks.
Consider our FIRST CLASS Cabin
The ONE thing our Complete Picture Book Submissions System members have said they wanted, other than the comprehensive content already in The System, was the ability to get personalized feedback on their submissions. You asked, so we gave it to you.
- Access to a private Facebook group moderated by Emma and Julie.
- Once per week “office hours”, where Emma or Julie will answer specific questions from group members about their submissions or any of the content in The System.
- Immediate sharing of timely articles or resources on queries and submissions within the group.
- Access to a community of fellow picture book authors and illustrators who are also in the submission trenches.
- The First Class Cabin is an optional add-on to The Complete Picture Book Submissions System.
- First Class Cabin feedback is limited to queries and submissions, not individual manuscripts.
- Specific feedback will occur during office hours and Facebook Lives, but Emma and Julie will also drop in periodically to answer general questions about The System or submissions in the interim periods.
- While you only pay for The System once and keep it forever (including all updates), the First Class Cabin has an annual membership fee of $200.
- The membership fee will renew automatically unless or until you cancel (and we actually WANT you to cancel one day, because that will mean you no longer need us!)
- 30-day money back guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied with the First Class Cabin, we’ll refund your money no questions asked. You will not experience any disruption in your access to The System, which is yours to keep forever.
What Kinds of Questions Can I Ask in the First Class Cabin?
Here are just a few examples of topics or questions you might ask during weekly office hours and/or Facebook Lives with Emma and Julie.
- Feedback on your hook/pitch sentences
- Feedback on your query letters
- What should I put in my bio paragraph?
- How to interpret a rejection letter
- Is my formatting correct?
- Confusion about specific submission guidelines
- Input on evaluating offers
- Are these good comp titles for my manuscript?
- Clarification of any content in The Complete Picture Book Submissions System.